Scan a Selection
|Use the following basic steps to scan a selected area of the source image or document:
- Position the original source document in the Auto Document Feeder or on the flatbed.
- Start the image editing application, select the Acquire option, and select the scanning device as the source in the opened dialog.
For the details how to do that, see the image editing application documentation.
The ScanThru Main window will appear. You can customize the scan settings, adjust the image color, apply the filters, and set the scan preferences from the Options Panel. To show it, click expand button.
- Choose Image Type and Resolution.
- Click Preview to start a low-resolution scan and preview the source image or document.
- To select an area of image or document that will be scanned, click Select button in the toolbox.
In the Preview Pane, click left mouse button and hold it while moving cursor to select an image area. Release the left mouse button to finish selection. The selected area will be outlined by dashed line.
To adjust the size of the area to be scanned, you can enter values in the Width and Height boxes on the Scan Setting tab.
- Click Scan to scan the image or document.
- If the document includes more than one page, only the selected area will be scanned on each document page.